Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week Twelve

I am sorry to be late in my post this week. I had some computer problems and could not post! Boy am I glad for good neighbors and friends who are smarter than me at this computer stuff.

I heard back from Lynne Jensen and she shared this awesome recipe to use with the soup mix from the storehouse. It was so good! Thank you so much. I really appreciate the feedback. I am going to be posting more recipes that we can use with our food from the storehouse. If you have some things you have tried please share! If you don't want to leave a comment just email me @ motherofeleven@msn.com. Thanks so much for your support!

Deseret Soup Mix Soup

8-9 cups water
1-1/2 cup soup mix
1 pound hamburger
1/2 chopped onion (or dehydrated equivalent)
4-5 beef bullion cubes
optional add ins (we usually use all of them):
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup chopped celery

Brown hamburger and drain off fat. Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours.Serves 6-8

WEEK TWELVE: 4 cans mushroom soup, 2 lbs shortening

No comments: