Monday, November 10, 2008

Week Seventeen

I am so sorry to have missed last week but my daughter had her baby and I was very busy being a new grandma! That said I was sure glad I had a few things that the kids could put together to eat. Now I have to replenish but it sure came in handy for them. I had purchased some boxed dinners that were on sale. Not my first choice for a good home cooked meal but for them it was perfect! That is something that we should consider when adding to our basic food storage. Some of the "prepared" boxed things will sound pretty good after eating wheat and beans for a couple of weeks:) Watch the sales and you can add things at a pretty good price. Which brings me to my next point. There will be good sales around the holidays on things like instant potatoes, olives, and some other canned goods. Take advantage of those sales. Don't think you have to keep to this schedule. This is only a suggestion. You can always pick up whatever is for this or that week. Use your $$ wisely and buy what is on sale. That goes for anytime of the year. Sometimes I do that. I just add what I was supposed to get to my next weeks list and get those sale items.

WEEK SEVENTEEN: 2 cans of tuna, 4 cans tomato soup

1 comment:

Lynn Boyle said...

I am not sure you thought of this yet. but on those CRAZY weeks you can buy the box foods and also the crock pot meals(not the number one choice but better than fast food) at grocery out lit. it is hit and miss but i go there once a week to see what they have. they are starting to produce more organic also.. just a thought...