Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Week Eighteen

I cannot believe the holidays got so busy! I have not had a lot of extra time and now that a new year has begun I am back and will be updating again on a regular basis.



David came home the a couple of weeks ago with some information regarding food storage. He was told that we need to be sure and have a GOOD three month supply of things. We still need to have our year supply but we need to make sure that we could sustain ourselves for at least three months with what we have in our storage. I am trying to come up with a good list of items and things that would be good for this. In the meantime, I will still be posting our weekly purchases to add to our year supply. During the last few weeks I have not focused on this like had been. It was hard to do regular shopping and such during our "Arctic Blast". I know that I was glad I had some things on hand during that time and did not have to worry so much about getting to the store. But now it is time to restock and re-evaluate where I am with things. So we are now on week eighteen. With this week also be sure that you are adding at least a gallon of water to your list.

Also, I will be posting more recipes and tips for preparing menus and meal planning. I have taught a few classes on this and have lots of information to share.

WEEK EIGHTEEN: 10 lbs. of sugar

No comments: