Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week Fifteen

This last weekend I was at conference. I thought with the troubling times we are in now I would here once more about being prepared. I don't think I heard one specific talk about that but I did hear more than once that we need to be obedient to the commandments and counsel we have already been given. I think that we already know what we should be doing - now is the time to just DO IT! Now with regards to food storage now is the time to begin. How much more peace we will have when we have to face whatever it is we have to face if we are prepared. That said this week we are adding mac and cheese to our shelves. What are some interesting things to do with this staple? Sometimes we add hot dogs, hamburger, chicken. But Paige shared with us a recipe she had learned on trek and that was adding tuna! It was delicious and tuna is much easier to store that the other things. I had never thought of adding that before so I was a bit sceptical but it turned out we liked it. What do you add to spice it up? Please share with us!

WEEK FIFTEEN: 1 box mac and cheese, 1 lb. yeast. ( I usually buy at least four boxes at a time, so feel free to add more to your list and remember the yeast will freeze)

No comments: