Monday, July 7, 2008

Week Five

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July celebration! I have heard from a few people with some suggestions and feedback. Thank you for all your comments. If you cannot leave a comment here on the blog, please email me @ motherofeleven@msn.com I will answer the best I can and pass on your wonderful suggestions. This week some of the questions were on where to store all the food you get. Storage can be a problem but there are some very creative things we can do. Three suggestions that came to me from Bobbe Trommlitz (thank you) were #1. purchase risers that can go under the bed and that will lift up the bed enough to store quite a bit of food. You can also make a longer dust ruffle or add fabric to your existing one to lengthen it so you can't see what's under the bed. If you don't want to buy risers you can use wood blocks or cinder blocks. #2. In some closets there is wasted space above the top shelf. Shelves can be added or taller bulkier things can be stored there. #3. Stack the cases of food in a corner and cover with a table cloth. You can purchase small round wood table tops that could sit on top of the boxes and you would have a cute but functional side table. I know of families that have stored food all over the house in the children's closets, under beds, you name it if there was a space there was food stored there. I have purchased shelves for my garage. I also have put shelves in the closet that is under my stairs. I think for me I will rotate it better if I see it. We don't use our garage for cars so we are making use of the space out there.

Did you work on your water storage. We got our barrels out and cleaned them up and now have our water for cleaning or what not (not drinking) for everyone. I am almost there with the drinking water. It is so fun to see it all coming together when you work a little at a time on it!

WEEK FIVE: 4 cans of tomato soup, 10lbs. powdered milk.

No comments: