Sunday, June 1, 2008

WEEK ONE

For this first week I want to explain how I will be doing this. I have gathered a lot of different information on what, how much, and how long to store different foods. I want my family to eat what I have stored so I have taken that into consideration as well. I could not figure out how much to let everyone know to buy, not knowing the size of everyones families. So the amounts will be what you would get for one person unless otherwise noted. I plan on budgeting an average of $20 a week to this project. For my family I should have a pretty good supply by the end of the 52 weeks. There will be times if I find something on special or sale that I will get what is not on my list for that week. That is OK. You will find that you will want to do that as well. I like when Jenn lets me know the specials at Safeway. I miss the ads and so those are times that I can stock up on something that will not be specific to my list. - Please leave a comment if there is some information you are specifically looking for. -

WEEK ONE: 2 CANS OF TUNA PER PERSON, 2 CONTAINERS OF SALT, 1 LB. OF YEAST

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a great idea! I am going to try and be better about this. THanks for the example.

Michelle said...

Thanks for doing this! This is one area where I totally need a kick in the tush!