Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week Ten

I am so sorry to have missed last week. I have been in and out of town for the last month and I just could not get it together to post here last week. That said I hope there are a few benefiting from this. It has really helped me to get focused and organized.

I talked last week about 72 hour kits and when I was working on another project I realized I left off something important from the list. Personal hygiene items. I have saved over time the small bottles of soap and shampoo from hotels that we have been to. I usually take my own stuff so I don't use it while staying at the hotel. My mom also saved stuff for me. So now everyone has there own personal hygiene kit and the girls also some feminine products added to theirs. If we had to evacuate to a shelter I know this would really be a blessing to have. Sample size products also are the right size but the ones from the hotels are free! (Well, sort of if you don't count the cost of the room, he! he!) I will get to the larger kit but will save that for later. I have not had time to get all the information together.

School is getting ready to start and there have been great sales for the back to school stuff. I picked up extra crayons and pencils and stuff for the 72 hour kits for pennies! Storing things is so fun when there are bargains involved! I also saw that snacks and things like that are on sale right now. I picked up a few things to add to the food storage shelf that would be fun treats. Those are easily rotated because David always thinks we are in an emergency situation if we run out of treats - that said storing the basics really is the priority but when sales come along it is fun to see some treats on the shelf along with the basics.

WEEK TEN: 4 cans of tuna, 4 boxes of macaroni and cheese

No comments: